Sunday, October 21, 2012

October Horror Movies Day 20


After watching Knight Chills which was awful in the best way possible, I came to the conclusion that Dungeons & Dragons and dumb horror movies go together like peanut butter and jelly. Having previously seen the Tom Hanks starring Mazes & Monsters (which I highly recommend if you haven't seen it), the only other one I could find was Skullduggery (1983).


skullduggery skul·dug·ger·y  
n. pl. skull·dug·ger·ies or skul·dug·ger·ries
Crafty deception or trickery or an instance of it.

 
Skullduggery lives up to the definition of the word. It deceives us into wasting 95 minutes of our life. Skullduggery is a muddled mess involving Adam, a gamer who is the descendant of a king whose family line was cursed. There's also some other crap involving the devil, a puzzle, some vague Adam & Eve reference, and a Punch doll. The movie is so full of jokes that fall flat and subplots that go nowhere that I was never quite sure what was going on. Also, the irritating opening theme, which reminded me of something out of The Phantom Tollbooth, will most likely bury itself deep within the recesses of my mind only to emerge at the most inconvenient times.


Skullduggery is fine if you enjoy watching train wrecks, but if you want to watch a movie you should probably go somewhere else. 2 out of 12 beers.












 
I really enjoyed 28 Days Later when it first came out, and still do. But by the time 28 Weeks Later (2007) came out, I had grown a bit tired of the fast zombie/infected movies that followed in the original's wake. So I sat out on 28 Days Later. Now, having finally seen it, I have to say it's quite good. Not nearly as good as the first in my opinion, but still really enjoyable. 8 out of 12 beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment