Monday, December 2, 2013

ULLI LOMMEL!!!!!

I have some very disheartening news to report. Maybe not disheartening to you, but absolutely devastating to me. I have to watch another Ulli Lommel film. It seems that I suffered needlessly through Return Of The Boogeyman, as it was actually Revenge Of The Boogeyman (aka Boogeyman II here in the states) that was banned. The fact that Return Of The Boogeyman was released in 1994, well after films were being added to the video nasties list, should have thrown up a red flag for me. I could take credit for my mistake and admit that I probably just had a copy of Return Of The Boogeyman lying around, didn't do my research, and just assumed that it was the correct film. I could do that. Or I could blame the nefarious hand of Ulli Lommel and declare him my nemesis. Somehow he is responsible for this. Batman has The Joker, Spider-Man has The Green Goblin, I have Ulli Lommel. I think I got the short end of the stick here. So, the next video nasty I review will be retroactively numbered #7, and normal numbering will commence from that point forward. The worst part is that I've already seen Boogeyman II and I know how terrible it is. I am not looking forward to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment