Monday, June 9, 2014

There's Going To Be Some Changes Around Here...

As anyone who follows this blog knows, I update it very rarely. Although I enjoy writing about movies, it does take time. Time that I don't always have. So before I watch a video nasty for this blog, I like to make sure that I'll have time to absorb it and then sit down and write about it while it's still fresh in my mind. There are actually a handful of video nasties I've already watched since starting this blog that didn't get an entry because something came up and by the time I was able to sit down and write about them I felt that I needed to watch them again before I did so. I also sometimes feel limited by the fact that whenever I do have time to view a film and write about it, it has to be one of the video nasties I've got set aside for just that occasion.

So during a rousing personal viewing of Kick Or Die and L.A. A.I.D.S. Jabber on National VCR Day, I decided that I should open myself up to a little bit more. As such, I will no longer be focusing on just video nasties. There are so many other trashy and bewildering movies out there that the world needs to know about! I haven't given up my quest to view all 72 video nasties, they will still be chronicled on this site. I just feel that both myself and anyone who reads this blog deserve to be exposed to any movies that the world of DVD and Blu-Ray and the gutters of thrift store VHS tapes have to offer.

There will also be a few other minor changes. I've already started playing around with the graphics on this page and they're not set in stone just yet. I am also in the process of starting up a Facebook and Twitter page for Bastard of Cinema. And last but not least, I am abandoning the skull scale. Having two different scales (especially with one being out of 10 and one being out of 12) seemed like a good idea at the time, but has proved to be just a little too confusing. And if I'm confused by it, I'm sure others are too. So from now on, movies will simply be graded on a scale of 1 to 12 beers. I'm excited by these changes and I hope that anyone who follows this blog is too. Look for a new entry in the next few days, along with the Bastard of Cinema Facebook and Twitter pages. Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment