Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween: Resurrection


(2002)
Director: Rick Rosenthal
Writers: Larry Brand, Sean Hood

In Halloween: Resurrection Michael Myers finishes up some business with the now institutionalized Laurie Strode, then makes his way home to Haddonfield. Meanwhile Busta Rhymes, the host of a popular internet reality show that films groups of young people in serial killers' homes, has secured the infamous Myers house for his hit show. Michael Myers then returns home and picks off the teenagers one by one, to the internet's amusement.

Halloween: Resurrection was the only film in the Halloween series I hadn't seen before, and I have to admit that it was a bit of a surprise. It wasn't exactly a good movie, but it certainly wasn't as bad as I was expecting. The whole internet reality show angle, as silly as it is, is at least an interesting and fresh idea. The film also provides some fairly decent slasher movie kills, especially in a year when the slasher film renaissance was pretty much on it's way out. Really, if I have one complaint about this movie, it's Busta Rhymes. Every time he appeared on screen, I found myself becoming increasingly irritated by him. Maybe that was just his "character", but I suspect it had more to do with his inability to act like anyone other than Busta Rhymes. All in all, Halloween: Resurrection is a decent entry as long as you don't expect too much from it. I give it a perfectly average 3 out of 6 beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment