Sunday, October 12, 2014

October Horror Movie Challenge- Day 11


In the horror/comedy Ghost Game (2004), A group go out to a cabin in the middle of the woods for a good time and (surprise, surprise) things start to go awry. It turns out that years ago this particular cabin was the site of a wiccan summoning ritual that went wrong. Now, the ghosts of these witches try to trick visitors into finishing the ritual for them by disguising it as a game. I found myself laughing at a few of the jokes in Ghost Game, but for the most part it was a fairly average and forgettable movie. I'm starting to forget it already. 4 out of 12 beers.






Next up was a movie I'd been wanting to check out for a while. Things (1989) has been claimed by some to be the worst movie ever made. While I wouldn't go that far, it is definitely up there. The plot concerns a man who, unable to impregnate his wife, subjects her to an experimental procedure that causes her to give birth to 'things'. He and his friends are then forced to fight off these 'things' even though they are clearly very drunk. Everything about this movie is bizarre, yet strangely captivating. If you're a fan of so-bad-it's-good cinema, you should definitely check it out. 7 1/2 out of 12 beers.






Keeping with my secondary goal of watching as many shitty Bigfoot movies as I can this month, I put on the found-footage movie Bigfoot County (2012). The plot was more or less the same as Willow Creek except that it was three people out looking for Bigfoot. Three useless, unlikable, stupid people. By the time the twist in the story happened, I was so sick of these people that I just didn't care. Bigfoot County gets a generous 1 beer.


2 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to believe that a good Bigfoot movie may be more elusive than Bigfoot himself.

    ReplyDelete