Sunday, October 26, 2014

October Horror Movie Challenge- Day 25


Due to my work schedule and a Friday night visit to a haunted attraction where I was berated by clowns and got to discuss King Diamond with a barbed-wire-bound Freddy Kruger, I wasn't able to get any movies in on day twenty-four. Day twenty-five however, began with Axe Giant- The Wrath Of Paul Bunyan (2013). A group of young adults go into the woods with a counselor and drill sergeant as part of a first-time offenders program to avoid jail time. When one of them steals the horn from a dead ox they incur the "wrath of Paul Bunyan", a giant with the mind of a child who lives in the woods. I won't tell you that Axe Giant is a good movie, but honestly it could have been a lot worse. The awful green screen effects make this movie look like one of those full-motion video PC games from the 90's and none of the people in the movie are likable (except maybe Joe Estevez, but when Joe Estevez is the highlight of your movie you've got a serious problem). However, Axe Giant managed to keep me entertained throughout and at the very least I didn't feel like it was a waste of my time. 4 1/2 out of 12 beers.






Bride Of Killer Nerd (1992) is a sequel to Killer Nerd which I watched last time I took the horror movie challenge and doesn't really bring much of anything new to the table. Taking place after the events of Killer Nerd, Harold Kunkle moves to a new town where he meets a high school girl that also has trouble fitting in. When she is humiliated by her classmates, she enlists Harold's help to exact her revenge. Bride Of Killer Nerd was probably the best movie I watched on day twenty-five, but it was only okay at best. 7 out of 12 beers.






Sharktopus Vs. Pteracuda (2014), aside from the hilarious but brief scene featuring Conan O'Brien, is just your average Syfy Channel creature feature. While it is definitely not the worst I've seen, it should be viewed cautiously with friends and lots of beer. Although I'm only giving Shartopus Vs. Pteracuda a generous 6 out of 12 beers, I am actually looking forward to the recently announced Sharktopus Vs. Mermantula. Also, look at that poster. That is a thing of beauty.






There are a whole series of Caesar & Otto movies and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Obviously someone must think these people are funny, but it was a chore for me to sit through Caesar & Otto's Summer Camp Massacre (2009). There were a few amusing jokes in this, the second movie of the day featuring Joe Estevez, but most of it just fell flat. Caesar & Otto are forced to flee the city when Caesar accosts the mentally-challenged nephew of... ah, fuck it. I don't even want to talk about this movie and any way I could describe it would end up making it sound better than it actually is. All you need to know is that it's a summer camp horror/comedy featuring Felissa Rose in a few Sleepaway Camp related gags. That's it. 3 out of 12 beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment