Monday, October 20, 2014

October Horror Movie Challenge- Day 19

When I was a kid, I was into some weird stuff. I had stacks upon stacks of books on UFOs, cryptozoology, ghosts, and the occult. I wanted to be a paranormal psychologist when I grew up. Sightings and X-Files were my favorite shows and I would watch anything on TV that had anything to do with paranormal phenomena. The Amityville movies were on TV a lot.


Inspired by my friend at Celluloid Terror's recent viewing of Amityville 3D, I decided to check out one of the ones I missed with The Amityville Curse (1990). This one was pretty average and stands out from the rest of the series by not actually taking place in the Amityville house, but in a different home in the same neighborhood. Which implies that there is more than one building in this neighborhood that houses demonic forces. Yeah, don't go to Amityville. In this movie, a man and his wife buy a run-down house in the town with hopes of renovating it with their friends. Once moved in, strange things begin to happen and the mystery of a priest that was murdered years before comes unraveled. The Amityville Curse is an okay entry at best. It had enough action to hold my interest, but it's ultimately a pretty forgettable addition to the series. Afterwards, I planned to watch another Amityville movie, but quickly realized that I had already seen all of the other pre-2005-remake entries. I then remembered that Walking Dead was about to come on, so that was it for the night. I'll just have to make sure I watch a few extra in the next couple days. The Amityville Curse gets 7 out of 12 beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment