Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October Horror Movie Challenge- Day 26


The lone viewing of day twenty-six was The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007). I had been hearing about this movie for a while, but had been hesitant to check it out since I'm not particularly fond of found-footage films. The Poughkeepsie Tapes is what happens when someone does found-footage right. The footage of home movies taken by a sadistic serial killer is woven into a mockumentary that manages to actually throw you for a few loops. I don't want to give too much away, but The Poughkeepsie Tapes is the first horror movie I've watched this month that actually made me uncomfortable. The movie sets out to disturb you and make you squirm and it does a fantastic job of it. The sometimes chilling footage is cleverly worked into the film and edited in such a way that it feels like you're watching a real documentary. I don't know if I could watch this movie again, but it is the kind of film that stays with you long after the credits roll. 11 out of 12 beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment