Saturday, October 13, 2012

October Horror Movies Day 12


I was a little surprised by The Zodiac Killer (1971). I went in expecting it to be sort of dull and wildly inaccurate, but from what I remember of the Zodiac killings it was actually pretty spot-on. Of course The Zodiac was never caught, so between the killings the movie has free reign to go wherever it wants. And it does. In this film, the Zodiac is a rabbit-loving, human-hating postman with delusions of grandeur. And for some reason it actually works. I enjoyed this movie a little more than I expected to. 9 out of 12 beers.







Oh Troma, you never steer me wrong. Except when you do. And even then, I still love you. Horror Of The Hungry Humongous Hungan (1991), as you may have guessed from the title, is stupid. But it's a lovable kind of stupid. At 98 minutes, it seems like it runs way too long and there are huge chunks of the film where absolutely nothing of any relevance or interest is happening. Yet the scenes where our titular sewn-together ghoul (who inexplicably has a giant monster claw that is never explained) goofily prances after his next intended victim in slow-motion are priceless. Have a couple of beers and enjoy this one with some friends. 9 out of 12 beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment