Sunday, October 14, 2012

October Horror Movies Day 13


I decided to start day 13 off classy with some foreign fare. Tutti Defunti... Tranne I Morti (1977) (roughly translated to All Deceased... But The Dead) is a movie I've been wanting to check out for a while now. Being a fan of giallo, an italian genre which many see as a predecessor to the slasher films of the 70's and 80's, when I heard that there was a giallo with elements of slapstick comedy I knew I had to check it out. Tutti Defunti works very well as both a giallo and a comedy. Not only did it provide a thrilling whodunit story but it also provided some genuine laugh-out-loud moments. I would definitely recommend this one if you can find it, I believe it's quite hard to find with English subtitles. 9 1/2 out of 12 beers.







After all that classiness, I needed a Troma movie for desert. I picked up Chillers (1987) because the cover looked cool. And, as is usually the case with horror movies like this, the cover was way cooler than anything the movie had to offer. Chillers is a horror anthology film where five strangers at a bus depot trade stories of their most frightening nightmares while they wait for their bus. Like a lot of anthology films the stories are sort of hit or miss, but at least don't overstay their welcome. All in all it was a good waste of time, but probably not a movie I'll be revisiting very often. 5 1/2 out of 12 beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment