Saturday, October 6, 2012

October Horror Movies Day 6


Unfortunately, one movie is all I have time for today before I go to work only to return there again tomorrow morning. Luckily, the movie I watched was Beware! The Blob (1972). I had a chance to see this at a drive-in a few weeks ago, but due to a four hour drive and the fact that it was the last in a quadruple feature, I fell asleep mere minutes into it. Before I faded however, I saw enough to know that I would be a fool not to seek this movie out. Beware! The Blob (a.k.a. Son Of The Blob) is a great, old-fashioned creature feature. The dialogue often seems ad-libbed. The effects are average at their best and laughable at their worst. But the movie itself is a gem. If you want a mindless, schlocky horror flick to enjoy, possibly over a few beers, definitely seek this one out. 9 out of 12 beers.


1 comment: